training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training

Okay I"ve done me 20 odd hours of training and have done about 20 hours of solo now. Will have to licence soon I hope. What is the next step if I want to fly into emerald and land at the airport. Charging $10 a day to leave a car there now might be cheaper to tie the gyro up there when I fly away on work.

Okay, you need an "aerodrome" endorsement. Radio endorsement

Comment

Thanks chopper, will have to get a vhf into the beast first. Just wish an instructor was a little closer than 400kms away.

Comment

Well done Baz.Getting a working radio set will be the most challenging thing you"ve done yet.Mitch.

Comment

baz,let me know if you have trouble getting the radio going good.

Comment

Disco,HEEELP! got a UHF in my gyro and had to build the PTT unit myself but was wandering how to go about getting 2 radios running. Have just started looking at radios and what sort of VHF to buy. I have a electrophone 3200 for a UHF and a raptor helmet and headset.

Comment

Tell me, can I go to the local flight training school to do my radio, cross country and aerodrome endorsements?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes.There you go Baz. An affirmative answer from the ASRA"s Mr President and Operations manager.What more could you ask for?Graeme.

Comment

Yep can"t get much clearer than that. Have already started to organise the training. Might have to do some of it in one of those things with a board on top. The instructor isn"t real keen about standing on the landing gear as I do my cross country practical. Waiting now for my radios to come back, took them to rocky to Access Electronics to build me a PTT unit. Hopefully it will work OK.

Comment

Working...
                    X