No announcement yet.

Training Syllabus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current syllabus is near on perfect, and always seeking better from management team. Nearly every member here has had to consult with their MOF ( wives ) to use funds to get into gyros. Those that choose to advance stage...ie, instructing, are putting at risk that large joint expense. To suggest any instructor that try"s to cover his ar$e financially, and fairly, does not have the students interest at heart....is simply stupid. In the main, all instructors risk their life"s assets, that"s right.....the bleedin lot. If....god forbid, you and your instructor have a serious mishap, your students family may well engage a legal representative to BLAME
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

That is a fair call Russ. Sorry I have to work on getting what is in my head to the computer screen better.My argument with regards to "students interests" and "in it for the money" relates to more the time it takes for the student to become competent at particular skills. I hear it time and time again ( not just gyros ) that a student is stuck on landings for example. These instructors are happy to sit there and keep the machine upright not guiding the student rather let them continue over and over making the same mistakes burning up time = $$$. > ??? :"( My idea of an instructor is to teach, not sit their watching the same mistakes when they could be easily corrected. There is a minimum number of hours to be flown in training, this is what the hourly rate to investment ratio should be worked out on. The average person should be able to be competent at these hours, some take a few more hours to refine or feel comfortable with their skills. I have no problem with what ever hourly rate they want to charge. If they have invested in a gyro and want to charge $200+/hr, that is their right as they have invested the money into it. And yes I will choose that advanced stage, I just have to get some ducks in row first.

Comment

No probs mate, all"s cool.Honestly.....training a newbie to see solo, is a real buzz. The look of excitement / achievement etc in their eyes, is priceless.

Comment

Sorry Russ, I"d rather just plod along at 60 kts and a smooth ride at 15LPH and be able to slip down almost anywhere and have a pee. Enjoy the journey. Same with life. Mind you I am an old fart with an indurance of about 30 mins. between pees after my prostate opp. Luckly they didn"t de-sex me by mistake. Actually I"ve made a Mk 2 inflight urinator which consists of a bent piece of ford radiator hose pushed into a V8 juice bottle. works great on the ground. About to soon flight test it. Have to look down for a while in order to do the insertion so should stay above 1000 ft when inserting. Maybe I can introduce a new course to my training syllabus.

Comment

Current syllabus is near on perfect, and always seeking better from management team. Nearly every member here has had to consult with their MOF ( wives ) to use funds to get into gyros. Those that choose to advance stage...ie, instructing, are putting at risk that large joint expense. To suggest any instructor that try"s to cover his ar$e financially, and fairly, does not have the students interest at heart....is simply stupid. In the main, all instructors risk their life"s assets, that"s right.....the bleedin lot. If....god forbid, you and your instructor have a serious mishap, your students family may well engage a legal representative to BLAME

Comment

sounds good max, how about a picture, don"t forget to reduce the size or it won"t load . .

Comment

Rick ol son........they are trying to kill you.

Comment

To be honest Tony I was quite shocked at the huge size of hose I had to find. I had No idea how wide it was. Hadn"t looked at it for yrs. Only handled it. ;D

Comment

Max, like I said before.... just pop off a spare vacuum port on your carby and attach a small hose to your radiator hose " doodle adaptor" it will make every flight a delight.... (whether you actually get airborne or not)

Comment

Stick position at takeoff is relative to groundspeed. ... at least the way I fly...

Comment

Good pick up disco. I would think just a typo from Davidbuzz.

Comment

Working...
                        X