Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TASMANIA ASRA National Championships 2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TASMANIA ASRA National Championships 2009.

Game ON !Board had a re-vote and numbers are promising, discount ferry fares in place.10 gyros is a our starting point.We are having our ASRA National Championships HERE.

Ok, after much deliberation the Board has decided to give the nod for the next ASRA Nationals to be held in Tasmania.Mitch has put a great deal of work into securing the large discount for ASRA members so this will be probably THE only chance we have to fly our Gyro"s in this State.Please get on board and start planing for Easter next year.

Comment

Mitch,Bloody fantastic news!Adrian ;D

Comment

We haven"t forgoten you either Adrian,see you in 2010,

Comment

Hi Greg.Congrats on Tassies turn to stage the 09 ASRA Nat"s.VSRA had our bi-monthly meeting the other day, and we have 6 members attending so far with 3 machines. I will also try and attend, just not sure if I will have a machine to bring ???The club will surely be able to muster more numbers and machines by then.Good luck, and let me know if VSRA can help in anyway.Regards SamLVSRA President.

Comment

On ya Mitch, i knew if anyone could do it, itd be you. You deserve all the good that comes your way, youv earned it. Best of luck mate, pitty, it looks like im guna have to sook out on this one too.

Comment

Great News Sam! 6 members and three gyros thus far. I"m counting Mark and family out of NSW till advised otherwise. Several out of Qld. Not heard from SA yet but I have a email from Shaun Murphy I need to repsond to. There may be a few from SA.Adrian, I"ll see you in the West.Birdy, the only good I want from this is for a reasonable turn out. Not to big! This morning Andrew Roberts owner of the property is comming down to discuss our needs and requirements for the duration. I emailed the Pres Murray Barker about this and will likely have a phone link with Murray during the meeting. Andrew was flying around in his new Bell 206 (?) army green chopper all day yesterday.

Comment

G"Day Fellas,Had a sit down with Andrew Roberts, owner of the Clarence Point Lodge.This is the venue for the Nationals, 2009 ( Thanks Rotor!)Andrew will have a package of room prices and discounts for longer stays etc. The Lodge has a great main lounge bar area for a Sunday night dinner and presentations. Fine dining is available though generally a BBQ type breakfast/lunch/dinner will be the norm.What I can tell you at this time is that TT Lines (Spirit of Tasmania) Ferry require a $40 deposit upon booking your passage. The documentation originally supplied stands. It is cheaper to sail on a day sailing of given dates, though travel at anytime in and around this period is fine, though allocation is still essential. The next two weeks we will be able to provide a more specialized booking format from TT Lines and Andrew from the Lodge will provide his package.The lodge will be able to provide 8-10 double rooms generally $110 per night. Discounts for longer room stays. There are 6 powered caravan sites more if reqd.Camping area further removed from the central facilities areas, for camp fires, tents and RV"s with their own "genies". There are toilets and showers available and we will place two porta-loos on site.BBQ Breakfast Lunch and dinner under the marquee.A mini bus is available. Fuel may likely be available on site.More caravan sites/camping at Kelso 5 mins drive. Greens Beach with golf course, caravan/camping, shop, fuel, fast food, National Park with majestic cliffs and Bass Strait with beaches highly suitable for exploratory strafing, 10 minute drive.Beaconsfield 10 minute drive.....Doctor, Police, Community Hospital, Ambulance, Gold Mine, Supermarkets, Fuel Stop, Three Pubs. Chinese RestaurantBeauty Point 8 minutes drive....Maritime College, Dock, Platypus Farm, Sea Horse Farm, Pubs, Restaurants, Cafe"s. GeorgeTown 2 minutes by air. Lots of spots to visit by air.Launceston 45 - 50 mins by road......City with all facilitiesGeaorgeTown 40 - 45 mins by road......Modest Regional Centre with airfield.I have requested ASRA be able to run some gyroplane specific video material on the ferrys, long shot but the Manager of Res and Special Events is taking that to TT Lines Management.Both Andrew from the Lodge and TT Lines want to help promote this event. Whilst this is great news, ASRA Board need to be ready to advise what means and the extent to which these other parties can advertise.Next two weeks we will have the complete picture, with answers to most if not all your questions, so please, let"s just hold off with very specific questions. No doubt if you asking about other more general info I"d be happy to obolige or point you in the right direction.Cheers,Mitch.

Comment

Ok..........had a squiz at a chart, mainland to king Is, about 90mins......king Is to Taz, about 120 mins, no probs thereme prob is all that COLD water............ will carry inflatable vests, epirb, etc etc..........but floating about like a cork in that freezin water if it goes pearshaped........ain"t my idea of fun.So............what"s available that"ll fit into me cabin, along with all me clothes etc etc...........x2BTW..........this is all hyperthetical..........doin this is illegal
                  If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Not illegal if you go thru the right channels Russ 5 possibly 6 gyros confirmed from QLD so far.;D

Comment

Congratulations Mitch, well done!Russ, I reckon a wet suit would be mandatory as it would give at least 30 minutes extra hypothermia protection and I really cant see why flying over isnt an option after all, we have had Birdy fly extraordinary distances to 2 nationals and as well, we saw Bones fly all the way from Charters Towers and back last nationals and all the others who have flown long distances without a hic up, sure, Bass straight isnt to be taken lightly but it is possible and it is an option for those braver souls !!I"m not sure how much room an inflatable raft would take up.

Comment

G"Day Brian,Where you been?Russ, the fixed winger ultralight fellas do it. I am told there is a spot of rock every 15 miles or so. We have 10 or 11 gyros plus 2 maybe 3 from Tas..12 maybe 14 and building on that.Excellent. ;DTurns out the Bell 206 is actually the military green version of the jetranger. It is anticipated that the chopper will be available for adventure flights during the Nationals.We are encouraging local fixed wingers and Geoff Doohan to fly in and be part of this event.ThanksMitch.

Comment

Game ON !Board had a re-vote and numbers are promising, discount ferry fares in place.10 gyros is a our starting point.We are having our ASRA National Championships HERE. Well done Mitch.

Comment

Mitch,Absolutely platinum effort - all praise due.Russ - You forgot about the white pointers too:http://users.chariot.net.au/~smarten....htmCheers,Nic

Comment

Russ how ya feel now!

Comment

Working...
                              X