Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TASMANIA ASRA National Championships 2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that we haven"t made a definite of Easter yet, there"s a few things that have to be worked out. One thing that has been worked out is that I will not be flying over as Rosie did not like the idea despite my best assurances. It was really odd, I had a real want to fly that little creek, I know I avoid flying over even a puddle normally but I had a real thing to do the fly over and confront a really big fear head on!! The argument that won the day was that if indeed the noise stopped, I would loose my gyro and even though its done the odd hour or two, I didnt like the idea of leaving it parked in Bass straight !!Anyway"s all has got to be determined very very soon !! We both need that holiday Mitch...and it will be great to catch up again !!

Comment

Nick you need to take this Easter off. Life is to short as we well know. Jump on a Virgin or Jetstar and come and have some R & R. Nick you must have miss read my post. Looking forward to catching up.Brian, I reckon there are a couple of blokes thinking about flying across the "Big Ditch".Hope to see you both real soon.Mitch.

Comment

G"Day Gents,I rang Chris West Ex: Spirit of Tasmania TT Lines to inquire as to how many folks have booked passage thus far...........Looks like we dont need to worry about too much on the organising front as the turn out will be less than originally indicated.

Comment

Greg,I feel sorry for you. You have put so much work into trying to organise the Tassie Nationals, and the membership at large doesn"t even know about it yet, because there has been no Gyro News!It is a pity that both the Tasmanian Nationals 2009 and the Wangaratta Nationals 2008 seem to have been sabotaged by the Gyro News editions not being published when they were supposed to be. The Gyro News magazine is the way members are informed of the happenings within ASRA, eg. where and when the Nationals will be held; where and when Board meetings are to be held etc, and these days we are all being kept in the dark!

Comment

The ASRA board have been working through the gyro news problems and we believe we have now got the problems fixed. [and yes, not before time] As a board member all I can do is say sorry. As previous Editors well know, the GN takes considerable time & effort to get the magazine out in time.Tassie will not be left languishing !!

Comment

G"Day Llewella,I appreciate the sentiment.My intention is to see if Pacific Flyer and the RAA Magazine will print an article for us. This will help some.The article for the GN has been submitted and will be in the up and comming edition. Hopefully people will have heard via the grapevine and if not, you would have to think members would be asking questions of Mates (other members) as to whats on the agenda for 2009. Are you and John planning on a trip back to the state of origin.? Would be great to see you flying G6070 (?) at the Tassie Nats.Cheers,Mitch

Comment

G"Day Gents,Spoke with a fella this arv, who claimed 4 gyros comming for certain out of Victoria. Advised again to get about BOOKING with The Spirit of Tasmania TT Lines Ferry, to ensure passage before and after the Easter weekend. This is a Holiday period, the longer you leave it, the more likely available dates get pushed out either side of Easter.There is a discount for ASRA Members and family. Geoff Blackberry has found himself another ship to fly. So locally we will have 3 gyros and presently there are 9 from the mainland. ATTN:

Comment

G"Day Gents and Ladies,There seems to be some confusion about the available times to travel to and from the Tassie Nats and also, the period covered by the gyro trailering discount.If you are headed to Tassie on the 1st of January, 2009 and you are returning on some far off date after the Easter event, then as a ASRA member, you qualify for the discount.The longer you put off booking with TT lines and the closer to either side of Easter you wish to travel, the more likely it becomes, that the "berth" you want will not be available.Easter is a "peak period" holiday time of the year and as such early bookings are recommended.You can book you "passage/berth" now for a $40 booking fee which comes off the total fares package.Don Cowling from Phillip Island is comming. I met Don 5 years ago the first time here in Tassie. This is very good news for me and those attending. Don is an excellent gyro pilot, with lots of hours and interesting experiences. He now needs to decide which gyro to bring....( I think he owns 3 ).Again to update......4 gyros from Qld.....2 of those are two place ships.3 gyros from Vic.1 gyro from Phillip Island.3 gyros from Tassie. Then there is a fella who wants to be the first to fly across the ditch, so that would make 12 gyros on the flight line. This being a two place ship also. A quarter of the gyros present will therefore be two place craft available to give TIF"s.The flyin at Bothwell this 4 day weekend comming is a "scouting mission" to identify places to fly to and camp over at, as part of the "Flying Holiday" event of the 2009 Tassie Nationals.Fly Safe.Mitch.

Comment

NEW CLARENCE POINT HOLIDAY LODGE AIRSTRIP.Today a few fellas came together to start the airstrip.The long paddock got "slashed" twice, then smudged up. I flew off it after the first slashing. It will come up nice and was fun flying off it today.I wrote an article for the Summer Edition of the GN so will not go on here. Suffice to say everything is progressing well and we should get a reasonable turnout with I believe now 4 two place Patroney, Magni, ELA and Newo. 12 gyros to date. Rooms are all booked out at the lodge. Plenty of space for campers and RV"s. Kelso, Greens Beach and Beaconsfield have accomodation.Andrew will have a cook on all week so the restaurant will be open along with the three BBQ meals a day.David was driving the tractor slasher and later operating the backhoe/front end loader with smudge attached asked for some pics so here are some of them.Enquiries call Mitch.03 63834908

Comment

Second and Third Pics.Cheers.Mitch.

Comment

Thanks Mitch, all great news.Where do you intend having the camping area?You being a talented bloke and all will be able to mark on the pics you just posted..Graeme.

Comment

Graeme,See attached pics. This is not set in stone. The location has been nominated by the owners due to gen set noise considerations. It is only a short walk over the hill or around it to access the main facilities building of the pub. There will be 4 portaloos on site. At least one down at the camping area depending on numbers.Mitch.

Comment

So for the physicaly impaired or just the outright lazy like me we could bring a golf cart?Graeme.

Comment

My good Mate Bill Hills and his wife are comming up over night tomorrow. We will inspect the air strip progress together. Then Bill myself and Geoff Blackberry will operate out of the Holiday Lodge Strip leading up to the Nationals. My Boy Jake and I ran out some 25 odd tyres along the strip the other night.Graeme, camping area may yet be a tad closer I am working on that with the owners. The walk from the camping area to the main pub is about the same distance as the length of the airfield.

Comment

I"ll be lodging thanks Mitch.The best and tallest stories are told around the camps at night with some liquid medication.If I try and keep up with some of the more experienced drinkers you will need a wheelbarrow to get me back to my room.Just planning ahead Mitch.Graeme.

Comment

Working...
                                X