What the.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the.........

Good friend back in Darwin has an aged mother living Melbourne somewhere, she lives alone, same family house for 50 odd yrs. Mother took ill, had to be hospitalised, after a month or 2 in hospital, docs said she had to either be full time in their aged care section, or go into a nursing home. Friend thought a good nursing home would be the go, so she rang around............selected a nice "home" got all the paper works, filled out her mothers details etc etc, then submitted them back to the "home"Got a reply...........no probs mame, but as your mother owns a house, she must first sell the property, and the proceeds must be given to us, to pay for her care. Friend says, she would rather pay herself, for her mother, what are the costs. "Home" says...........sell house.Friend says, if i do that, and when mum dies do you refund the outstanding monies to "us" .......the family.Sorry, says "home", we keep the lot. Hangon says friend..............mum is really aged, and not well, she could pass away soon. Sorry says "home"................that"s our policyWhat the.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr > >
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Homes are business"s and they are owned by some extremely wealthy people...which I guess is not surprising.

Comment

Russ,I"ve worked for one such mob, they disgusted me. Money enough to buy a winery and properties in the hunter valley, subdivisions, sell them off and buy and sell again and again.. drives BMW"s, Aston Martins and bigger than your "penis" utes and trucks. Couldn"t pay a bill on time and took 4 years to pay one invoice after 2 years of follow ups.No wonder my old man stayed at home as long as he could and then decided to snuff it there, at least he passed on what he had to us as best he could, something to be proud of.These grubs need to be regulated, the same as banks. Hope it comes soon as later will never be soon enough.cheers,Nic.

Comment

These grubs need to be regulated, the same as banks.Its all bout greed and glutiny.If there was no glutiny, the greedy would go hungry.Its wots happen"n with the world economy rite now.

Comment

Trouble is Birdy, the greedy and glutinous for the most part will come up smelling like a rose and wealthier - at the expense of the little man going bankrupt.The Corporate greedy fat cats at and near the top of the financial instutions and big businesses are partly to blame, and the Government are refusing to regulate against the obscene salaries and payouts. Perhaps some of the politians hope to be there one day and would also like to determine their own salaries.Is the CEO of an Australian Bank worth $28.6m/ year? - Of course not. What some of these fat-cats are receiving means that they are accessories to grand theft or stealing, from the shareholders or/or the general public, and they are no better than Christopher Skase or Ronald Biggs.

Comment

The Corporate greedy fat cats at and near the top of the financial instutions and big businesses are partly to blameThey are only taken wot they can, leagaley.Wouldnt you? if that was your game?Its only leagle coz us peasants let it be so.But the world financial ballsup we are hearn bout now is caused by over lendn.Hungry financial mobs [ not just banks] taken advantage of idiots who think they will be able to pay off a loan an idiot SCG knows they cant.

Comment

Birdy your assumptions of the financial world is so simplistic.

Comment

I know Kimbo, i gota keep it simple, coz i knew you read it.

Comment

Birrdy is using the K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid!) method, and, I agree with him 100%! Unless us little people stand up and are counted, these "Fat Cats" will get away with things like that, legally. It goes under the heading of "NO SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY"!!Just take Sol Truhillo(Telstra) and the 3 Amigos! Makes you want to get out a shotgun, ain"t it! I have gone through the "sell the house business", my wife was a nurse in aged care, she was so disgusted that she left and is now working at a major hospital. Guess who she is getting to fix up? The same aged people that she was servicing in the home!!!Boys, I have vowed to myself that I will not go into an aged care home. I will be taken out of my home, feet first, and, my sons will get the benefit!an angry, Joew

Comment

All you say about the CEO"s etc are true,however this is only a small part of our problems.Inept governments have a far great roll in our demise,and so it goes on.Take NSW for an example which is minute on the world scale.Keeping things simple in this world will not work. Birdy it is good to see that there is still some fire in your belly. :- Kym.

Comment

Fire in me belly??I got no fire in me belly.I kept it simple so"s you could understand, but obviously you dont.If you dont know wot your talkn bout, make it sound like you do.IOW, complicate it. [ but it only fools idiots]Life is very black n wite, only connmen and morons think its complicated.Morons think its complicated coz they are gulible enuff to swallow wot a connman dribbles.

Comment

As for your argument Birdy,I"ll rest my case. Kym.

Comment

Kym,Out of curiosity could you explain your take on the "complicated side" of the story, I understand what birdy is saying, but can you please expand on your side of the issue - how do you see corporate governance in the light of what is happening with the nation"s financial welfare?How have the governments been inept and why do you think they are inept? Is it "ex" politicians on a payroll of the financial institutions - eg Mac Bank,

Comment

Nic,World leaders will continue to debate, probably for years to come, about the causes and effects of the current economic downturn, so how can it be simple? As for the second part... you are making a statement of your personal beliefs which I will not get into your head and answer.

Comment

Geez Nik, one question at a time for the poor fellow. Kymbo"s attitude is the same as the ones who started diggn this financial hole the world is in now. BLAME EVERYONE BUT YOURSELF.Cors the gouv"s to blame Nik, who else are these morons go"n to blame? >Kym"s not brite enuff to realise why the gouv cant/wont fix it. :-I think poor kymbo has a bit of an infierierority complex wen he"s talkn to a SCG. ;DAs for "payn peanuts", wota f%&*$ joke. >The squillions i pay in tax to wankers like these aint peanuts, but im still represented by monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                              X