Birdy's Cow's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdy's Cow's

Tangled with some of Birdy"s cows that he sold a while ago again a couple of days ago, last year I happened to have the "pleasure" of tangling with them and it wasn"t a pleasant experience, in fact they seemed to defy some basic laws of cow mustering but when it was found out where they had originated from, all was revealed and I was so pleased to have the pleasure

I reckon this"l be interesting

Comment

Duno wot you sayn to um Brian, but you obviously speak a different lingo to me. ???Just yesterday, me n Bones easily mustered bout 800 outa bout 400 squ km, no ground crew cept for a backpacker in a buggy with the fuel, and she spent all day readn Harry Potter.Bones put his half through a gate into a holdn padd on his own, and then jumped into the buggy to shut the yard gate behind my mob.Dont think either of us went below 20" once in 7 hours.Thinkn you hada ground crew within ear shot of um sumwhere. BTW, who is the lucky bloke who had enuff coin to by um off a tight fisted bastered like me?

Comment

Duno wot you sayn to um Brian, but you obviously speak a different lingo to me. ???Just yesterday, me n Bones easily mustered bout 800 outa bout 400 squ km, no ground crew cept for a backpacker in a buggy with the fuel, and she spent all day readn Harry Potter.Bones put his half through a gate into a holdn padd on his own, and then jumped into the buggy to shut the yard gate behind my mob.Dont think either of us went below 20" once in 7 hours.Thinkn you hada ground crew within ear shot of um sumwhere. BTW, who is the lucky bloke who had enuff coin to by um off a tight fisted bastered like me?Most definitely had a ground crew and a great crew at that, they all know their work very well so its nearly too easy .

Comment

Ignorance is bliss ...till you Know you were... involved in the slaughter industry.... slaughter = Evil = The root cause of worlds problems = WAKE UP !

Comment

??? ??? ???You gota be kidn.Not anatha nutter syber stalker wanker.

Comment

May be he"s a fisherman Davo

Comment

Some of those territory cows do make for interesting mustering in the scrub. You outwit them to get them out from under the canopy to where you can get a crack at them and they"ll drop to their knees from a gallop and slide under the hopbush. But as you say Brian, a bit of decent handling and they are a different animal.

Comment

Not a fisherman. The meat industry is cruel, unnecessary and wasteful.

Comment

Birdy, do you have some sort of magnetic attraction for people like this?At least he admits he was drunk.......Personally, i prefer life at the TOP of the food chain.Is it true Kangaroos dont fart?.My wife makes similar claims.

Comment

But as you say Brian, a bit of decent handling and they are a different animal.Hmmmm,.............. i can see **** hitn the fan ere shortly. Ever heard the term "horses for courses" Pete?Well, it applies ere.Iv had bout 3000 head of moos ere on adjistment over the last few years, mainly from W QLD, and nun of um cut it in this part of the world.Its along way between drinks ina desert, which equates to long walks for a feed, and longer walks to a yard, sumtimes 25 - 30 km ina day.Even them W QLDer moos aint up to it. They arrive at the waters at 8AM and sit round chewn the cud till 5PM, then walk out for a feed. Cant cover much country like that. >Couldnt imagine how a southern moo would go. :PLocal moos drink only every 2 or 3 days, and spend the rest of their time kickn back under a tree, miles from water, IN the feed.They gota hava strong survival instinct, and part of that shows wen outsiders try to handle them.They think the got mad cow desease, but its always the opperater, not the moo.The last thing you should do to a bovine out ere is wean it.All weaned cattle will live just like the W QLD ones. No guidence from mum and they are buggered.Also, if they were "hard to handle", i wouldnt be able to do most of it on me own, would i? [ without a ground crew]The meat industry is cruel, unnecessary and wasteful. Yup, sounds like you know wot your talkn bout. Your signature begged my response.And be"n a vegi, you couldnt help yaself.And you think IM ignorant?? just an opportunity to express my views. Good, now let me.Your a judgemental ignorant raven lunatic.but I’m here to say vegetarian gyro pilots do exist.Tread lightly, your surrounded by carniverous ones.but I can assure you my position is well pondered. Yeh??Care to elaborate?I can see myself flying a gyro crop duster!! Well well, indisrcriminatly killn millions of [ usefull] little critters that were here long before you ever passed your first fart.But i spose that aint cruel is it? :Not to mention contaminatn the f%$# food chain. You are well respected on this forum for your piloting skills and to this I add my respect and will continue to monitor your postings and benefit from your experienceFlattery will get you no where ere.I apologise for eliciting such a terse response from yourself,You dont havta appoligise for anythn i do, i like taken face on shots at vegies. [ specialy the ignorant ones]I’ll blame the beer for my ill worded insubordination), Typical, cant be you fault ay. Sumone held a gun to your head n a beer down you gob.I don’t apologise for not supporting the meat industry. And i wont apologise for not wantn your support.And i hope you dont change your diet, i couldnt sleep if i knew people like you were chewn on my poor cows.

Comment

Those sort of cattle I described can come from anywhere. Soon as they have a few wins they pick up a few tricks.A lot of people here run into trouble with cattle from out your way because they try and muster them on a face or mob them up at waters. If they have been let off a truck and straight into the mulga without any handling they dont want to come out again. Try to muster on a face and small mobs turn back in the timber all the time. You get to the end of the paddock and nothing there. Same pushing everything into waters, they will run past the water and back out into the scrub or turn back before they get to water. In open country their ok. The only way of mustering them here is to have a decent ground crew waiting near a bit of open country, bring the first mob out, block them up for a bit then get the ground crew to come and hold them. When they are settled I can go out and get another mob to bring into the ground crew. Working like that always gets a good muster.My son give a bloke a hand south of here with cattle from out your way. They had a good ground crew but the gyro bloke didn"t know what he was doing. He tried working a face and using sirens and all he did was stir the cattle up with nothing at the end of the day. They used a helicopter next and he done the same thing. Now they"ve got a mob of cattle that have had a couple of wins and starting to learn some tricks.As you say horses for courses, those same cattle that muster ok over there have to be worked different to get them out of this country and thats where a lot of people come unstuck.

Comment

Well, and I thought that my original post was going to be a fairly unobtrusive subject but here you go.I take your point Birdy re the walking and drinking and appreciate that. The cattle here walk a long way out but not as far as the ones down home that can only get 5k"s from a water as they run into fences.The type of terrain dictates the way you can muster and it takes a bit of common sense to have a look at every situation as it presents itself and its invaluable to have a bit of understanding of cattle as this is where its tough on new mustering pilots that have no to limited knowledge of stock let alone how to manage the terrain and ground crew to boot.

Comment

Now Birdy, everyone is entitled to their opinion, never the less, we all know that without meat protein, the human animal would still have a brain half the size it is today.If God intended us to be vegetarians, why the bloody hell did he make meat taste so good?John has a right to his opinion and it is nice that he worries about how a cow is feeling for the last five minutes of its life.As a cattle producer, I worry about how it is feeling from the time it is born untill it gets to those last five minutes! With a nice farm, good grass, a mummy by their side and free medical treatment... their life isnt too bad really.If people really wanted to get inside the head of a cow and imagine what a miserable life they lead, after an hour or so, they would probably want to leave their job and nice house in the suburbs and go for the cow option, for me, the only down side would be marking day

Comment

Reminds me of when I was in the Kimberlies. Greenies bought a place for wildlife conservation. Got some of the local aboriginal blokes in to catch turtles for a scientific study. I think they were going to tag them and let them go. All went well untill the crew ate the turtles. Everythings tucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X