No announcement yet.

Birdy's Cow's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narn,This is a general topic, titled Birdy"s Cow"s.You don"t have to read it,

Comment

I"m going to be the excretion here and talk about the 3 hours I had this morning, unintended as the bronco yard fell down during the night and approx 400 odd cows plus calves walked right back to the gate where they had been put through [about 8k;s back] So, it was an quick rise, a bit of breky and run and go play and instead of flying being a bit quiet, it was full on from the gate till we got 5k"s back in the direction they had to go, air was a delight and I had a ball yanking and banking, mild pedal turns and whatever, the air was solid as rock and any turn any direction was on. So my morning was excellent!!

Comment

Yep it is me, hey Birdy should it be mentioned here that you have "organic" statis when it comes to your cattle??

Comment

Gra Gra,Paul would be smarter than you, even if he only ate fruit. :-* Fly Safe.Mitch.

Comment

Got that one hook line and sinker mitch.... cheers Narn

Comment

narn, a big percentage of the hours clocked up by gyros is mustering hours. Not talking about the stock is like a builder just talking about his tools and saying nothing of the buildings. There may also be a bit there for anyone thinking of taking up mustering in a gyro. I"ve seen a few do their twenty hours and think they can go mustering. You want 80-100 hours before going anywhere where there is more pressure than just flying the gyro.Also I dont know anything about Paul Bruty so I can"t answer that one for you.

Comment

Just so that you all know, I do eat meat.Graeme.

Comment

Sounds good Brian. I,m gonna have to dump that K10a on the back of my old machine and do the same.

Comment

So my morning was excellent!!Cant ***** bout mine either. Only had to brand bout 70 odd calves, pacified one [ several times], let the happy moos back out to their 100% natural enviroment, fly from the yard out n check on the new solar pump, fly the south boundery home, [60km] culled a few bentknecks on the way, hada 2pm lunch, give narn a mouthfull, dida bita maintaimance on the lorry and knocked orff. Why wouldnt i want to live in heaven?

Comment

Enlightenment ....... on it"s way.

Comment

So my morning was excellent!!Cant ***** bout mine either. Only had to brand bout 70 odd calves, pacified one [ several times], let the happy moos back out to their 100% natural enviroment, fly from the yard out n check on the new solar pump, fly the south boundery home, [60km] culled a few bentknecks on the way, hada 2pm lunch, give narn a mouthfull, dida bita maintaimance on the lorry and knocked orff. Why wouldnt i want to live in heaven?Not sure what pacifier you use but I see a new one in the paper this morning, you stick it up the cows backside, then turn it on.Seems its a lot better than the two clamps/ needles.That should involve a bit of comment !!And it is heaven, I reckon some town bound folk just plain resent the fact that we have God"s own garden at our backdoor, get to use our toys for work and play, we get to see the stars at night, breathe fresh air get to eat fresh organic meat, just to mention a few bonuses.

Comment

Sounds good Brian. I,m gonna have to dump that K10a on the back of my old machine and do the same.Dont think you will be dissapointed with the K10 plus it will be good to see something else pushing a gyro around !! The air lately has been a real delight to fly in and the wind has quietened down compared to last year when it was a real pain in the backside, great for short takeoffs as I was able to get 180/ 200 revs out of the rotors just sitting facing the breeze.Looked at the hour meter yesterday and I see the 2.2 has 3 hours to go till 3,000 hours and the gyro is not far off 5000 hours so we are all getting a bit longer in the tooth.

Comment

I had been thinking of alternative engines for awhile. A couple years flying part time and giving all my money to doc"s left me in no position to buy another 912. It will take a little while to get used to with the prop turning the opposite way and heavier and more powerfull motor. Will have to work on not getting too excited when I first kick off mustering again. Over 5000 hours on the one engine and prop I reckon it will be like someone who has given up smoking - still patting their pockets ten years later. Some chopping and changing to fit this motor and prop in and then maybe a bit more after test flying to get the thrust line right. Once I"ve got it out mustering and every thing is right I will start building a new frame with the changes designed into it. Starting to cool down here in the mornings so I"ll probably kick off in the middle of winter. Not a nice thought.narn, keep asking questions and it dosen"t hurt to rattle the cage sometimes. Just get yourself set for the answers.

Comment

Enlightenment ....... on it"s way.Waiting waiting waiting................... .Still kinda dark out ere.

Comment

I,m interested in these enlightenments. How long before you have them in stock john. I reckon if I fit one to my gyro it"ll either be lighter and handle better or in the summer I,ll be able to muster in the dark when its cool, not too sure how they work though.

Comment

Working...
                                X