A bit of reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of reality

The ETS tax (Emission Trading Scheme)Let"s put this into a bit of perspective for laymen! ETS is another tax. It is equal to putting up the GST to 12.5% whichwould be unacceptable and produce an outcry.Read the following analogy and you will realize the insignificance ofcarbon dioxide as a weather controller.Here"s a practical way to understand Mr. Rudd"s Carbon PollutionReduction Scheme.Imagine 1 kilometre of atmosphere and we want to get rid of the carbonpollution in it created by human activity. Let"s go for a walk along it.The first 770 metres are Nitrogen.The next 210 metres are Oxygen.That"s 980 metres of the 1 kilometre.

Birdy!It has taken a while for the message to get all the way to Indiana, but I glad it did.The reason, probably, was because the Australian Media was slack in its reporting of what the Carbon polllution reduction scheme would mean for the people of Australia.....a huge tax!Belive in man made climate change or not, a carbon tax isnt the best way to save the planet. In its simplest form, to me, creating a tax on carbon is much like the Romans sacrificing animals to their Gods, it reduced their wealth and did little to change what was happening in nature. We should never forget what is written in history.Every time I go outside, there is no doubt that there is a change in the weather. For Two years we have had dry dams and I am unsure how we will get through this year if it doesnt rain (10 inches or so) but going back through the history books, in the 1880"s when there was over 40,000 people in Braidwood people stopped extracting gold out of the rivers because there was no water, they left the district and the population fell to 1100, which remains today.Sacrificing animals to the God of the travel hairdryer wont make it rain tomorrow.The computer climate models that predicate the terms that we should be now living our lives are little better than a pack of Tarot cards. I dont know about anyone else, but the predicted weather at the end of the week is vastly different when we get there, so how is it that the prediction for the next hundred years is so clear?Those of you who want to pay another tax, I wish you well, but I dont, I cant afford it and it will do nothing to change the weather. Id rather spend my money on improving the soil on my land and switching off the lights in a room when I leave it. A tax that would consume the small profit from the farm, would leave me with no choice but to flogg the county to feed my kids, is not the environmental outcome anyone would want.Chicken little was a Hero until the rest of the chooks remembered that he was actually an IdiotMark

Comment

Well put Mark, have to agree with you 100%. Now maybe the make believe traditional land holders that our great great great for bearers,who so called stole this land from, put a curse on it so thats why the weather is like it is.

Comment

One of the things I have found difficult to comprehend, has been the lack of detail released to the public and the most worrying aspect to it, has been the near total lack of anything in the papers. Was told that the government basically told reporters not to ask questions and if this is correct, it is amazing given the frenzy reporters jump on issues.While on dislike"s, I find it disgusting that anyone that disagrees with the government"s line is labeled as deniers, skeptics etc. Why why is this issue a no discussion thing, is it that the governments line is pretty weak???Like, so far in the last 50 years we have run out of oil at least 3 times and "had" to increase the cost of crude to stop running out. Now, it might come as a bit of a shock that we are now using more oil than ever and we are yet to see China and India, two huge economies that pale ours into insignificance, actually get to maximum levels of production.Why can we [the govt] sell China natural gas for 3 cents per liter and make Ozy users pay through the nose for it?? If we are worried about pollution, why aren"t more cars

Comment

The old sayn goes " the smaller the bloke, the bigger his d%$#".Not sure if this applies to this illustrious 4eyed git, coz with an ego the size of his, theres no need or room for a d%$#.

Comment

Big Tony has just taken over the Lib/Nat coalition and kyboshed big KEV"s ETS but if the Honorable John Howard was still in you"d have his ETS instead. That is, a price on CO2 pollution.It was Johnny"s baby and his party"s policy that they took to the last federal election (along with a couple of other things as well).Check Tony"s website for that one, or look it up in your Funk & Wagnell"sHogesl

Comment

Now how many of you missed this interview, http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=...k=view&id=4998 by Alan Jones on 2GB radio Rather interesting too. Looks like we are going to be hoodwinked again.Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

I think Hoges is right, if Johnny boy was still in, we may have an ETS,BUT! if the libs had have bought the legislation forward it would have been subject to public scrutiny, unlike what has happened with the Government we have now!The media has been lazy, as lazy the average person in the street. I have had a look at the legislation and the only portion that is not ambigous is the section that deals with Taxation over the scheme, it is so complete, it even details how the "tax" could be defended if it was challenged on a constitutional basis. How does it not fit our constitution? Because it is a tax that requires no income to levy againstand even worse, the rate of tax (the carbon credit, which will be capped for the first three years) will be openly traded by the sharemarket from there everafter. The premise behind the scheme is that the higher the price of carbon goes, the less we will be able to afford to do and use the things that make it. Its a great idea, if you dont make Co2 you dont have to pay. My Grandfather doesnt make any Co2, he has been dead for 10 years.The upside? I can see a day in the future when everyone flys a Gyro, when we stop selling coal, there won"t be much money to fix any of the roads so cars will be obsolete. The only problem will be, that with steel and aluminiunm being high emmitting industries most of the Gyro"s will be fashioned together with dry twigs and elastic bands!Mark.

Comment

I couldnt give a rats who"s pushn the carbon tax scam.If i remember correctly, this crap was way back in the priority list of debate last election.Havent met anyone yet who says they voted for **** coz he was go"n to tax the [remaining] blood outa the population. If J H was pushn this crap i woulda voted for,..................., then agin, maybe not.As Horan said, this little git seems to think he knows better.He, along with ALL public sevants [ aint that an oxymoron] seem to forget that he"s supposed to represent us, not his ego.And dont say Oz voted for it, coz it hardly got a mention at the election.BTW Des, nun of that interview supprises me the least bit.

Comment

?

Comment

Anyway, we don"t have to worry now. Tony Abbot has put together the Dream Team that will fix (K)Rudd"s little red wagon for sure this time.He"s got Barnaby "Bring it on" Joyce,

Comment

im not wurried.

Comment

Birdy,Sorry. I probably meant me.Hoges

Comment

Hoges,Name calling is just lowering your standards if it is worth considering.

Comment

Kym, I think you"re right about unbecoming name calling. How"s "Tony Abbot has put together the Geriatric Team" instead?Hoges

Comment

Working...
                              X