No announcement yet.

Anything that Flies Weekend 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're all waiting for a picture of the new pod Sam so you better produce.Pete

Comment

Pete, if it was anyone else no !!!, but for you mate, buddy, pal.Image Insert: 86.86

Comment

Great Sam. It looks like I will be driving to another fly in!!!! I won't have access to a gyro that has accumulated enough hours for me to rely on it.I am off to NZ Monday and back on Tuesday the 31st. I will catch up then to see what the status is.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Hey Sam.[] You sure are enjoying that gyro after the trike eh!!!![?]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Well Done Sam. That pod really is quite beautiful. As beautiful as...ehh..well...chopper chic... I almost reckon. And Paul, you over in NZ yet? Did you sell the hybrid after your dramas earlier last year?Pete

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pbradleyWell Done Sam. That pod really is quite beautiful. As beautiful as...ehh..well...chopper chic... I almost reckon. And Paul, you over in NZ yet? Did you sell the hybrid after your dramas earlier last year?PeteNah, Monday I go to NZ and home again on the 31st to be the ground crew for Sam and the real flyers!!! I take it you are chicken of a bit of bush!!! After all those mountains!!!! Geeez. Shame on you Pete, or are you coming[?]I can't get access to a machine with enough hours on it for my comfort. I will get plenty of cross country flying in NZ, and then with Firebird after May/June, touring the country side taking orders!!!!!!!!!!As soon as certification is complete I will take deposits and issue serial numbers. Only several years late!!!![]Hybrid is almost refurbished and will be sold in NZ along with the Firebird that I take to NZ to certify around April. Certification is toughwer in NZ but at least I can fly there. CASA still won't allow me to fly from Ballarat[V] and I cannot conduct the testing and certification program having to trailer Firebird for every flight, so NZ is the go!!!![^]It is certain now that I won't make the Biggenden Nationals, I am afraid!!Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Paul and good luck in NZ. I haven't made a decision on travel alternatives to Lameroo, but might not be travelling alone and if so will have to drive the whole way. Have thought of flying the 700 ks each way but weather becomes so important and unpredictable. All things being equal though, I will be there with a gyro.Were you aware that an intepid commercial pilot/crop duster/now Shire Councilor, Ben Buckly, flew a 'Light Wing' untra-light across the Tasman from Victoria to New Zealand about 5 years back? Maybe you could emulate him.Pete

Comment

Well who is and who isn't going to Lamaroo this coming weekend and and when and where to the property? Is there fuel and food available or do we have to bring it?Pete

Comment

G'Day PeteLooks like there will be a few of our RAV members going up Thursday, (by road that is).Lou will be driving up on friday, with me from Trawalla at 9.00 am if I decide not to fly.If I do fly, it will be a very early start friday morning for both myself and Paul. Still not shure if Chum is flying or not.give me a call on thursday to confirm my plans.Weather is looking good so far.Regards Sam.

Comment

Thanks Sam. Don't fly alone just to be brave unless you really really want to. There is more than enough flying to be done at Lamaroo. I will be bringing Reggie Thomson who can fly mine if he wants. Do we have to bring everything in or are supplies available locally?Pete

Comment

G'day Pete,I'll be arriving Sat AM.You will need fuel and bedding.Notice the correct order.Regards,ChristopherSpeaking without thinking; is like shooting without taking aim - Spanish Proverb

Comment

Just bring yourselves and money. The event is fully catered.Anthony WalkerClub Secretary

Comment

Well things are low!!! I am the support vehicle driver for Sam and possibly one other gyro, to the fly in!!!!!We should be there around lunch time Friday..Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

I'm rocking up to Lameroo friday nite looking forward to meeting some of you fellow flyers who's posts i read on this forum and put a face to the names and hopefully get some flying done myself. matt

Comment

Will be flying in with 3 others.1) Me2) Myself 3) ISee you there !!!! Sam. []

Comment

Working...
                                X