Anything that Flies Weekend 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything that Flies Weekend 2006

secretary@sarotor.orgPhone 08 8532-4073Mobile 041 279-8280.

Count me and my gyro in. I have emailed my acceptance and hope lots others from Victoria and South Australia do the same. Let's go for it.Pete

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pbradleyCount me and my gyro in. I have emailed my acceptance and hope lots others from Victoria and South Australia do the same. Let's go for it.PeteGreat to be retired eh Pete!!!![^]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

PeteHow would you feel about flying there from Vic?I will do some home work re route, distance and fuel requirements.If anyone else from Vic is interested in flying over then let me know.Regards Sam.

Comment

Sam, I used to fuel at Horsham, then go to a bit past Bordertown then turn right approx. 70 degrees to meet the Bordertown Pinnaro rd just as the heavy tiger country started. I would then follow the road until past the tiger country and then turn left approx. 40 degrees to end up at Kevins place.Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Thanks PaulI have seen the route you have suggested using a conventional map.I need to go out and buy a WAC chart for Hamilton 3469 & Adelaide 3458 to get a better understanding of the terrain, elevations, and best routes.If I can find a TPC R-12B and a TPC R-13A that would be even better.Thanks Sam.

Comment

G,day.I find the Sentient AirNav VFR PC Flight Planner for Windows,invaluable for all computor flight planning for the whole ofAustralia. Then my conventional charts are carried on board.I didnt have time today but tomorrow I will look at the route thatPaul has outlined, just for the heck of it. Using this upto dateSentient software you can plot a route to anywhere, in minutes, with all of the necessary information. All of the charts are thereincluding IFR, if you get that additional software.With it I can plot a track from and too anywhere in the countrywith the need then to buy only the charts that I would need for anyplanned trip.All of the information and charts and plotted routes, waypoints andnearest to's, LSA's etc with all of the radio frequencies along the route can be printed out and carried in your flight bag. Also, your laptop with the software can go with you so that you are never left left in the dark, so to speak. The software contains all of the information that you will find on all of the charts !Cheers.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

I don't know if this will do the trick for planning Sam, but we will try.Aussie Paul. []Image Insert: 71.24 KBImage Insert: 54.32 KBImage Insert: 77.45 KBwww.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

G'Day RobThe Sentient AirNav VFR PC Flight Planner for Windows, sounds fantastic, were did you get it and how much is it worth?Thanks Paul for the WAC charts of your suggested route.I bought both Hamilton 3469 & Adelaide 3458 today.Will check it out.Regards Sam. []

Comment

O.KI agree with Paul's route, as this way we track via sealed roads, airfields, and could have a possible ground crew leap frog with us.Route would be as follows.>Trawalla>Beaufort>Ararat>Stawell>Horsham>Nhill>Bo rdertown>Lameroo.Total Distance being only 217 nm.Weather being on our side should be a 1-2 fuel stop trip.Unless nature calls.Total time being 4-6 hours, or less if lucky.Regards Sam.

Comment

Hi Sam,You can check the Sentient website at the address below.When it opens click on Air Nav VFR, then products etc and browsearound. All of the prices are listed in the order section I think.Might sound pricey but when you calculate the number of chartsand the power of the product that you are getting you will seethat it is worth every penny. You can put in the specs for youraircraft, Gyro, and it will give you the fuel burn and distancepossible with known wind etc. You can even download your flight plan into your GPS before your flight.The website has demo's.I and my friends have been using the product for some years now.Which reminds me that I will need to update it in the new year as there has been some changes to procedure in the last month.Cheers.www.sentientsoftware.com.au/Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Geez, I have just realised that I will be back from NZ, and better than that I will be allowed to fly solo. Geez, I will have to find a legal machine to fly. I have been liasing with Waddles, our ops manager, to make sure I have everything legal.I ain't doing nothing ever again that ain't legal!!!!!I think I will have a crack at going to Lameroo even if by car. I hope that someone might feel sorry for me and let me have a fly!!!!!Thinking out loud again. I will be seeing my mate Chum today as he lays more carpet in Hybrid for me. He might be a starter.Image Insert: 46.79 KB Chum at Bond Springs.Image Insert: 12.69 KB Chum flying around Ballarat.So lets keep in touch Sam and Pete. I have a single seat 503 here, so maybe I could get that organised in time.Two weeks away from being legal again.WOW!!!!Llewella, if you read this could you please confirm that you have a copy of my current medical? Thanks.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Perhaps Pete could take the 2 seater and give you a lift, Paul. Can you fly without instruments?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fredjrobertsPerhaps Pete could take the 2 seater and give you a lift, Paul. Can you fly without instruments?There is no doubt about you Fred. No, I rephrase that as my wife does for. there iks every doubt about you Fred!!!!You think of everything. I am sure if I tie Bradleys hands behind his back I could fly it without instruments!!!!Ok, off to work on Firebird.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Below is suggested route as per WAC chart.Any comments or suggestions welcome.Regards Sam.Image Insert: 86.3

Comment

Working...
                              X