No announcement yet.

MTO Rotor Blade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 witnesses observing extreme flying.Its obvious you have no idea wot extream flyn is.

Comment

Yeh rito Bones you know what i"m talking about why would a MTO Sport not be suitable out there, they are already out there mustering anyway.And you"d probably leave me in the trees if I attempted to fly like that now as I haven"t got that experience.I fly within my limits and experience call that flying safely.And about xenons only what I was told better ask Hunter.Just got a new message from Mick Post about MTO rotor article latest Gyro news there not MTO rotors in the picture.

Comment

MikeUnless u throw more sh#t at me this is my last thought on this.If I took every guage out of your machine apart from engine management, would u be able to hand start your blades and fly your machine comfortably ?If not then you don"t even have the vaguest understanding of rotor management.How do I know you may ask? Because a fellow mto3 owner just recently told me I couldn"t do it,,,,,,

Comment

So disco what"s with the AD on MTO sudden or abrupt input and 14 deg pitch left, right its about hub bar limits relative to bar stops.I"ve seen the Cavalon Flown by Willy at Skyranch pretty impressive flying no limits exceeded.We already have the gimble block mod so no tail strike.I would not fly like that anyway as i have not got that experience you know...fly within your limits.I don"t think any one stops learning in flight there is always something new without the brown stains. that"s the joy of flying I know my limits and let experience develop don"t fly outside my comfort zone fly safe.I"ll go look at the perimeter next time probably a lot less than 200m.Yeh right initiate rotot follow rudder so pitch is minimal so its about sudden or abrupt input.I still think hitting hub bar stops is pretty extreme even at 14 deg.Mike.

Comment

MikeUnless u throw more sh#t at me this is my last thought on this.If I took every guage out of your machine apart from engine management, would u be able to hand start your blades and fly your machine comfortably ?If not then you don"t even have the vaguest understanding of rotor management.How do I know you may ask? Because a fellow mto3 owner just recently told me I couldn"t do it,,,,,,

Comment

Birdy remember your post about High energy maneuvers.Good info.This is what I"m was trying to say.before I got kneecapped.The issues with xenon was in reference to a conversation with Hunter Jones.only going by what i was told.Maybe Hunter has more input on the xenon.out of all this discussion I have learned a lot about AD"s and standards.Like Basic and certified passenger carrying airworthy standards.Lets not talk about double standards.Truth has a price Look at AL Gore, Julian Asange.I don"t look for respect either it"s a time waster except me dog.look at Jonny Howard He achieved more than you and me put together in our lifetime, half the nation hated his guts.Good old intuition is worth something though Einstein said intuition is of a higher intelligence it"s a product or everything we know.the intuitive thinker makes a sacred gift the rational thinker makes a faithful servant.I could be judged an idiot for my input on these subjects I... DON"T... CARE.Notice any one else"s input...NO.Oh sorry exception critics most avoid this forum afraid of criticism even TA"s.I respect your or anyone else"s input on these issues topics or any other subject matter.BECAUSE WE ARE LEARNING.Everybody is learning new info all the time.That"s why we have open discussions on the ASRA Forum.This is not directed at you mate IT"s EVERYBODY on this forum.So Truth can be awkward but it does lead you to the facts... eventually.Scientists best interest is to disprove theories sort of a fact filter really...So what i"m trying to say is everybody speak up don"t be afraid of criticism.Criticism is the illusion of virtue to hide ones own vices.I"m talking about collective intelligence...won"t discuss that now.Anyway happy posting everybody.Mike

Comment

Mike,You can"t take Ur bat nd ball if u wish, but all I did was point out things u posted on a forum that I knew was wrong.Just out interest can u tell me why, I think you put it as " risky but possible" ? At your level, what is your pic hrs?

Comment

Please don"t post anything about politics it makes me feel sicker I,m on here to read about gyro"s. Steve

Comment

Correct me if i"m wrong here.....wasn"t the "minimum clearance required, to be, xxxxx amount" ....then reworded, at a later date
                    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Just as a matter of interest what is the benefit of hand spinning rotor blades, i would have thought that being able to go through the entire take off process sitting down, buckled up with your hands on the controls would be safer and make more sense. Sure if your prerotator packed it in and you were out the back of buggery the ability to hand spin would be an advantage to get you home.......but then again if you had a flat battery or some other type of mechanical problem you would be in the same predicament. Personally i believe that thorough maintenance and pre- flight checks are as important as any training.

Comment

RickSitting down is great.

Comment

No Russ it stated something like " should not be able to contact during a rotor flap" which was very loosely worded , but then yes if it clears by a hair now it is fine. The mto3 in my hangar has about 15mm clearance with a touch under 14*

Comment

yea...them xenons are user friendly to climb up on ( still impossible for me tho ) ;DQuery........do they also have a stick lock ( full forward )Rick, ol son..........."benifits" of hand spinning............could save you a loooong walk home one day. And as you tred home, rueing the day you never learnt how to hand spin em up.Lot"s more "benifits" as well mate.
                            If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I agree you 100% Dean nd I am not for a moment suggesting everyone should hand start their blades everytime but if you understand how rotors work by being able to do it, u will have a lot better understanding of how to treat them on the ground nd in the air to increase the life nd reduce the likely hood of early damage/failure of the rotor system

Comment

Bones, PIC 130 hrs no mustering experience with a pre rotator MTO 3 Sport. Pathetic Ay.But registered and fully compliant to AD"s Including rotors.Will manual pre rotor just for the benefit of the doubt.I"m not the ambassador of MTO, the point i was trying to get out there was the consistency of AD"s and the info it"s derived from.MTO 1st gen rotor blades.Murry I know you have a tough job up there and don"t like being challenged or questioned with AD"s.And then there is compliance to AD"s on rotors.We have gone backwards on our TBO on rotors hopefully we can move forward with more research and data collected from 1ist Gen rotors.The high energy maneuvers on 1st gen extruded alloy rotors and any other high stress conditions(ref to Birdy"s High energy maneuvers post good read) needs to be examined not just life fatigue of 700 hrs.Soon to be 500hrs if the new directive enforced. I also think honesty is important if you stuff up like hard landing or hinging or whatever else admit it extruded allow blades are not bullet proof or idiot proof we could be all paying for it by a reduced life hours by the TBO.Is this reasonable???Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X