No announcement yet.

??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err,on second thoughts, better not, might violate forum policy on postings... don't send it privately toanyone either, could break their monitors...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

quote:Originally posted by NiqueNaqueErr,on second thoughts, better not, might violate forum policy on postings... don't send it privately toanyone either, could break their monitors...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for youYer probably right, Nick. It might be a bit "grew some".

Comment

quote:Originally posted by NiqueNaqueErr,on second thoughts, better not, might violate forum policy on postings... don't send it privately toanyone either, could break their monitors...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for youYer probably right, Nick. It might be a bit "grew some".

Comment

Comment

Hi birdy,Giving it a gut full of flare and left turn would definately spool the blades up. possibly to the point where compression becomes audible. There really isn't a large margin between tip speeds and the speed of sound (even at sea level).As the blades flap to equality you will get a large change in angle of attack wich also adds to the 'shock wave'. Hearing it 5 or 6 times is a critical bit of info. No doubt it was heard during the turn and the sound should of petered out in volume slightly towards the 5th ro 6th 'pop'.For those of you who fly helicopters you will also here this at low power and usually in a turn. Especially if you get an updraft that effects the angle of attack. (It is also this sound that annoys the neighbours)Of course I could be wrong......... [^]

Comment

Hi birdy,Giving it a gut full of flare and left turn would definately spool the blades up. possibly to the point where compression becomes audible. There really isn't a large margin between tip speeds and the speed of sound (even at sea level).As the blades flap to equality you will get a large change in angle of attack wich also adds to the 'shock wave'. Hearing it 5 or 6 times is a critical bit of info. No doubt it was heard during the turn and the sound should of petered out in volume slightly towards the 5th ro 6th 'pop'.For those of you who fly helicopters you will also here this at low power and usually in a turn. Especially if you get an updraft that effects the angle of attack. (It is also this sound that annoys the neighbours)Of course I could be wrong......... [^]

Comment

Comment

I dout tip speed woulda been a concern Paul, coz the manover, from the point of '****'!!!, to the point i was staggern behind the curve wouldn'ta been more n 2/3 secs, not enough time for the blades to accelerate much at all.And the 'sound' was of equal volume and clarity from the fist to the last.Can't be 100 poocent sure, but i recon the sound was happening just after i heaved the stick, and before i 'stopped'/ hovered.I occasionaly get the same sound you refer to with the choppers, usualy when i hit a sudden and sevier updraft and stick quickly forward to stop the assent.This sound was alot crisper than that, more like a wip crack, with a horse hair cracker.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

I dout tip speed woulda been a concern Paul, coz the manover, from the point of '****'!!!, to the point i was staggern behind the curve wouldn'ta been more n 2/3 secs, not enough time for the blades to accelerate much at all.And the 'sound' was of equal volume and clarity from the fist to the last.Can't be 100 poocent sure, but i recon the sound was happening just after i heaved the stick, and before i 'stopped'/ hovered.I occasionaly get the same sound you refer to with the choppers, usualy when i hit a sudden and sevier updraft and stick quickly forward to stop the assent.This sound was alot crisper than that, more like a wip crack, with a horse hair cracker.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Comment

anything that sounds like a whip crack is post sonic...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

anything that sounds like a whip crack is post sonic...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Comment

Unless its a partial stall.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Unless its a partial stall.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Working...
                                X