No announcement yet.

??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless its a partial stall.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Hmmmm.....I am biased towards the shock wave analogy, but of course it could be something completely different. (Maybe your helmet clanging against the mast..... [] )Heard any good ideas from the US forum?Paul

Comment

Hmmmm.....I am biased towards the shock wave analogy, but of course it could be something completely different. (Maybe your helmet clanging against the mast..... [] )Heard any good ideas from the US forum?Paul

Comment

Comment

The only plausable on to date is stall.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

The only plausable on to date is stall.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Comment

Hey BirdyLuckely you were flying one of our Aussie Blades which feature the 8H12 profile.If they were a set of Yank Dragon Wings you would have most likely have gone in.The DW's being a symmetrical aerofoil shape have a abrupt and sudden stall characteristic.The 8H12 with Pronounced trailing edge reflex have a more gradual stall characteristic.Regardless, its good to still have you here, and so we can all learn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Hey BirdyLuckely you were flying one of our Aussie Blades which feature the 8H12 profile.If they were a set of Yank Dragon Wings you would have most likely have gone in.The DW's being a symmetrical aerofoil shape have a abrupt and sudden stall characteristic.The 8H12 with Pronounced trailing edge reflex have a more gradual stall characteristic.Regardless, its good to still have you here, and so we can all learn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Comment

I dont reckon they stalled, just protested against a violent change of position and direction. The tip of the blade probably moved 20 ft in a few seconds plus changed 160 degrees in direction plus the velocity of a mass going one way....then the other.....Still, would have loved to be standing on the ground watching that quick turn BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

I dont reckon they stalled, just protested against a violent change of position and direction. The tip of the blade probably moved 20 ft in a few seconds plus changed 160 degrees in direction plus the velocity of a mass going one way....then the other.....Still, would have loved to be standing on the ground watching that quick turn BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Comment

I wonder what the tree thought - lucky for birdy it wasn't the whomping willow.Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

I wonder what the tree thought - lucky for birdy it wasn't the whomping willow.Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Working...
                                X