No announcement yet.

??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sound happened when the power was off Jeff. It happened almost imeadiately after i heaved the stick, and stoped as soon as i and added power and eased a little on the backstick pressure.The yanks [ well two anyway] seem to be on the money with blade stall.As i read it so far, because i was askn for alota pitch in a very short time, each blade stalled in the 'rising blade' section of the disc,[ like a wing would if you gave it too much AOA], then 'regrabed' the air as it entered the lesser AOA part of the disc. This makes sence to me, but theres a couple more things i want to know yet, so i'll keep y posted.I don't think rrpm and cone angle is a problem coz id just leveled from a short dive, wich would have wound them up, and was in a forwardstick inertia float with power when i heaved back.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

The sound happened when the power was off Jeff. It happened almost imeadiately after i heaved the stick, and stoped as soon as i and added power and eased a little on the backstick pressure.The yanks [ well two anyway] seem to be on the money with blade stall.As i read it so far, because i was askn for alota pitch in a very short time, each blade stalled in the 'rising blade' section of the disc,[ like a wing would if you gave it too much AOA], then 'regrabed' the air as it entered the lesser AOA part of the disc. This makes sence to me, but theres a couple more things i want to know yet, so i'll keep y posted.I don't think rrpm and cone angle is a problem coz id just leveled from a short dive, wich would have wound them up, and was in a forwardstick inertia float with power when i heaved back.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SamLNot sure birdy, but could it have been low speed flapping and what you heard was your rotors bottoming out.As you completed your turn the rotor disc angle would have been lowerd to fly out of it, stopping the flap ??????????????Sam.Melbourne Vic.Birdy, given the large and very fast cyclic input you subjected the disc to, and not forgetting the very large amount of vertical enertia you introduced to the blades, it is quite possible they did stall (flap) mommenteraly. We should also keeping in mind that your machine would have taken a second or two, to catch your blades sudden movement, and quite possibley bottomed out on the rotor stops (The cracking sound, being the extreme stalled whip flexing of them).(an example of this is tail stike in a gyro which has no HS fitted during PIO) Once your machine stopped, you said you applied full left stick and rudder spinning the machine 180* and turning out of harms way. By this time the blades may have stablised from the violent cyclic input, and with application of full noise, enabled you to fly out behind the power curve.With this all happening in such a small and highly stressed amount of time, you may not have felt/realised the blade flap.

My 2 BOB !!!!!

Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SamLNot sure birdy, but could it have been low speed flapping and what you heard was your rotors bottoming out.As you completed your turn the rotor disc angle would have been lowerd to fly out of it, stopping the flap ??????????????Sam.Melbourne Vic.Birdy, given the large and very fast cyclic input you subjected the disc to, and not forgetting the very large amount of vertical enertia you introduced to the blades, it is quite possible they did stall (flap) mommenteraly. We should also keeping in mind that your machine would have taken a second or two, to catch your blades sudden movement, and quite possibley bottomed out on the rotor stops (The cracking sound, being the extreme stalled whip flexing of them).(an example of this is tail stike in a gyro which has no HS fitted during PIO) Once your machine stopped, you said you applied full left stick and rudder spinning the machine 180* and turning out of harms way. By this time the blades may have stablised from the violent cyclic input, and with application of full noise, enabled you to fly out behind the power curve.With this all happening in such a small and highly stressed amount of time, you may not have felt/realised the blade flap.

My 2 BOB !!!!!

Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

My 2 BOB !!!!!

Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Cooda been the cheeks of your bum clapping together. If something like that happened to me, my old clacker would have poked down through the hole in the seat tank and suctioned on to the keel, but that would have been an entirely different sound to what you heard. Whatever the cause, I daresay you won't be deliberately setting out to repeat it just to find out.

Comment

Cooda been the cheeks of your bum clapping together. If something like that happened to me, my old clacker would have poked down through the hole in the seat tank and suctioned on to the keel, but that would have been an entirely different sound to what you heard. Whatever the cause, I daresay you won't be deliberately setting out to repeat it just to find out.

Comment

Comment

Fred,I find it very difficult to visualise this, could you give us a more graphical description of the possibilities, I'd like to see it in multimedia presentation complete with sound effects..Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Fred,I find it very difficult to visualise this, could you give us a more graphical description of the possibilities, I'd like to see it in multimedia presentation complete with sound effects..Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Comment

Err,on second thoughts, better not, might violate forum policy on postings... don't send it privately toanyone either, could break their monitors...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Err,on second thoughts, better not, might violate forum policy on postings... don't send it privately toanyone either, could break their monitors...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Working...
                                X